TERMS OF LET
The person whose name appears on the booking form agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all the following conditions of let are adhered to by all members of the party.
- To limit the number of people occupying any one property to that stated in the brochure or web site, unless by prior consent with the owner.
- To pay a deposit of £175 per week on booking, with the balance payable not less than two months prior to the start of the holiday. If a booking is made less than two months before the start of the holiday, please send the full rent at the time of booking, having first checked that the property of your choice can be reserved for you. Failure to pay the balance of rental charges, or allow the owner to take the payment by credit card by the due date (28 days prior to arrival), will result in the owner treating the property as available for re-booking.
- To notify any cancellation in writing and pay any monies due. If the accommodation is re-let at the full rate, a full refund will be made less an administration charge of £25. If at a lesser rate a partial refund will be made. If not re-let then no refund will be made.. To safeguard against cancellation charges and other unforeseen eventualities we strongly recommend cancellation insurance. On request we can supply a Cancellation Plan Proposal Form to guests booking from within the United Kingdom. Return it with the appropriate insurance premium to the address given on the proposal form to obtain your certificate of insurance, or contact the insurers direct on www.selfcateringinsurance.co.uk.
- To accept that should the property, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through any cause the owner’s liability is limited to the amount of any rent paid.
- To accept that although guests are usually welcome to explore the farm and watch farm activities, there may be times (mainly for reasons of animal or human welfare) when access to farm sheds/farmland/surrounding hills may need to be restricted or even prohibited. Provided that the accommodation is still available, no rental rebates would be given in such circumstances.
- To advise owners if they wish to bring a dog(s). To keep any dogs, where allowed, under strict control at all times, and accept liability for any damage caused. Dogs must be house trained, and not be left alone at any time in, or around the accommodation. The owners will advise where dogs can be exercised. Animal hairs are to be removed from carpets and dogs are not to be allowed onto the furniture. Any fouling in the gardens or drives should be cleared.
- To accept that responsibility for personal property of guests occupying the property is solely theirs. All vehicles are also left at the guests’ risk. Also guests agree to absolve the property owner of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property whilst on the premises or whilst engaged in any activity therein, or from any illness or injury arising from any cause whatsoever.
- To use the property solely for its purpose as self catering accommodation and to accept the owner’s right to refuse to hand over the property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge. Causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbours, unreasonable behaviour, or disrupting the running of the farm may result in the owners asking guests to leave.
- To allow the owners or agents access to the property at all reasonable times.
- To respect and look after their accommodation during their stay and to leave the property clean and tidy, with full inventory. To reimburse the owners for any breakages, loss or damage, other than those due to fair wear and tear. To pay a good housekeeping deposit on arrival of £200 per week. This will be returned to guests after the holiday provided no extra cleaning is required if the property has been left in an untidy or dirty mess.
- To vacate the property by 1000 at the latest on departure day, unless otherwise agreed with the owners. Failure to vacate the property promptly may incur a minimum penalty charge of £10, or more, depending on the degree of inconvenience to owners/incoming guests. Guest arrival time is 1600 onwards unless otherwise agreed with the owners. Guests are asked to advise owners prior to arrival of what time they expect to arrive.
- Not to smoke in any of the properties.
- In the event of complaint, to let the owners know in good time so that it can be investigated and dealt with. No complaint will be entertained after the holiday is completed.
Copyright © Borlum. Web site provided by redkiteinternet. Admin login